Photo

My Flatwoods Deer

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 bushmstr02

bushmstr02
  • Our Gang
  • 2,335 posts
  • Interests:Bow Hunting & anything outdoors , classic trucks & restoration / body work , XBOX 360 !

Posted 09 February 2015 - 12:06 PM

I got my deer back from Ricky at Whitetails Unlimited Taxidermy last week , this is the 242lb buck I shot back in Oct at my former club .

Attached Files

Edited by bushmstr02, 09 February 2015 - 12:06 PM.

468 x 60 Hunting / Optics Banner

#2 ithica db

ithica db
  • Members
  • 699 posts
  • Interests:To many to list anything but work

Posted 09 February 2015 - 06:46 PM

That is a bute

#3 ithica db

ithica db
  • Members
  • 699 posts

Posted 09 February 2015 - 06:47 PM

Wait former club?

#4 bushmstr02

bushmstr02
  • Our Gang
  • 2,335 posts
  • Interests:Bow Hunting & anything outdoors , classic trucks & restoration / body work , XBOX 360 !

Posted 09 February 2015 - 07:16 PM

Yeah we went to our meeting a few weeks ago and out of 15 members only 5 showed up and one was dropping out . We discussed keeping the club and slashing it in half and making a bow only area and an all weapons side . I even had a few members maybe coming back with the changes but got a call the next day saying they decided to just make it into a still hunt club again and the rest including myself dropped out . Im not worried about it anymore , the way I see it , I don't have to pay for the lease holder and his son to have a place to hunt , esp when they don't allow anyone to turkey hunt there except them . Im currently looking for a lease of my own so the bow guys can still hunt together , if not we always have places like FM to get together .

#5 ithica db

ithica db
  • Members
  • 699 posts

Posted 09 February 2015 - 08:18 PM

These clubs are tough. I have one that works well and a good group of guys. The other one has too many agendas. The only reason I am there is the pigs. I am working on a land swap if it works out may have my own pcs to make my own rules.

#6 jrs1

jrs1
  • Members
  • 977 posts
  • Interests:hunt & fish

Posted 09 February 2015 - 09:47 PM

yep clubs can suck. I am going back to one this year but will probably hate it lol 

#7 stlhunr

stlhunr
  • Members
  • 447 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, Fishing, Shooting, Camping.

Posted 10 February 2015 - 07:28 AM

Nice mount...

#8 Deb

Deb
  • Our Gang
  • 2,732 posts

Posted 10 February 2015 - 04:30 PM

Nice mount....I'm still waiting to get mine back from Oct. 2013. The taxidermist freezer went out and he has been giving everyone the run around until he can find enough capes to finish. :angry: :angry:

#9 SmokePole

SmokePole
  • Admin
  • 3,259 posts
  • Interests:Hunting Deer, Hog, Turkey and anything else legal.<br />Freshwater Fishing and Golf

Posted 11 February 2015 - 09:32 AM

Great Deer Bushy - Too bad about your club. I looked at leasing land a couple of years ago but with no equipment to create plots or even keep a road open - I finally saw the light and forgot it. 

Deb - That's tough about your deer. I guess all the capes were ruined when the freezer went out, along with the head skin. Maybe you will get a bigger/better one and tell him where to put it. If he stalls long enough we may be able to come up with a buck you/he can use. If I knew the problem this past year, you could have had that 6pt I shot.

#10 bushmstr02

bushmstr02
  • Our Gang
  • 2,335 posts

Posted 11 February 2015 - 01:49 PM

I would've gave you that cape from the 8 pt I shot too , maybe you can at least get your horns back and take it somewhere else

#11 Deb

Deb
  • Our Gang
  • 2,732 posts

Posted 12 February 2015 - 02:12 PM

Yeah if I would of known..........I found out his freezer went out on a taxidermy forum, going to go by and see if I can collect the antlers....

#12 MCA

MCA
  • Our Gang
  • 264 posts

Posted 17 February 2015 - 10:55 PM

That is an awesome deer Bush!  What did it score?

#13 bushmstr02

bushmstr02
  • Our Gang
  • 2,335 posts

Posted 18 February 2015 - 12:07 PM

I haven't had it scored yet , personally I don't think its going to score enough to make it in the books like C Ruth said but I've never scored one

#14 bushmstr02

bushmstr02
  • Our Gang
  • 2,335 posts

Posted 29 March 2015 - 03:02 PM

I scored mine before I went to the palmetto classic today and got 115 with the deductions . Ruth scored mine today , I took a quick look at the paper and I think I had like 8" of deductions so that put me at a score for typical 113 and the nontypical was 115 . Guess I will just have to get on another big deer this year and try again . It was weird what some of the bucks were scoring high and right beside it was a similar size buck that looks like it should score just as good or better than the other but was lower , some by a lot . They're were some nice ones , one guys scored 151+ , never would've thought that deer would score that high .

Edited by bushmstr02, 29 March 2015 - 03:02 PM.

#15 natureboy

natureboy
  • Members
  • 649 posts

Posted 30 March 2015 - 08:46 PM

Was very nice to meet you at the Palmetto Sportsmans Classic last Saturday.    The mount looked great!  When I got home I took mine off the wall and dusted everything off.  Next year I will be in the new building they are constructing near the entrance.  I wish we could have spoken longer.  I took my trophy to 5 different outdoor expos, and got 5 different scores. 

I was in a club that started out still - then 1/2 dog - with so many crazy rules -  no does unless they were leaving the club property.  I argued that it was illegal to shoot a deer on the bordering club's property .  I now have several small leases in Berkley, Charleston , and Georgetown County.  I like making my own rules.

Carl