2 replies to this topic

#1 AnnieDoe

AnnieDoe

Doe

• Members
  • 3,704 posts
  • Interests:Swimming Fishing Movies Pets Shooting my guns Boat riding

Posted 28 July 2013 - 03:56 PM

Last year the guys that own/work at the Bait House store on the South Island Road right before you get to the public boat landing started processing deer meat. we had some very good sausage made. Hopefully they will do it again this year as well.

468 x 60 Hunting / Optics Banner

#2 bushmstr02

bushmstr02
  • Our Gang
  • 2,278 posts
  • Interests:Bow Hunting & anything outdoors , classic trucks & restoration / body work , XBOX 360 !

Posted 28 July 2013 - 04:12 PM

If you process the deer yourself you will have the better meat , I started processing mine a few years ago and I will never take mine to a processor ever again . The quality of the meat is so much tastier and fresh and fresh made sausage is awesome and way better if you don't freeze it . We do rough grinds on our meat and freeze it , then thaw it and make the sausage the week we are going to eat it . I've heard alot processors just weigh your animal and use everyones deer dropped off that day and divide the meat by the pound . That's why I stopped using them , the guy before me could have left his deer lying around for hours or all day instead of heading straight to the processors after the kill .

Edited by bushmstr02, 28 July 2013 - 04:13 PM.

#3 AnnieDoe

AnnieDoe

Doe

• Members
  • 3,704 posts
  • Interests:Swimming Fishing Movies Pets Shooting my guns Boat riding

Posted 30 July 2013 - 03:15 PM

My husband does all the other processing, the only thing he doesn't do is the link sausage that we get our friends at the Bait House to do. I like to get a lot of the venison burger done because we like to use it for hamburgers, spaghetti sauce, chili, etc.