First Deers

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 jwtsmt

jwtsmt
  • Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 14 October 2009 - 12:01 PM

Attached File  DSCF1003.JPG   1.94MB   36 downloadsAttached File  JUSTIN1.JPG   716.62KB   41 downloads

I have never posted on this before however for a long while now I have enjoyed reading the stories and viewing the pictures. I have been privledged to go many places and see many things over my years on this earth. Every morning in the woods I am reminded just how good God is. It is easy to forget that in my daily routine. My youngest boy this month killed his first deer. She was a 90 lb doe and he sat in the rain with me for hours on end to get her. He shot her almost exactly 2 years to the day from when his brother, my oldest, killed his first deer. Also a doe. I've attached the pictures and I can swear that to me these are better than any trophy I can hang on the wall. There is something special about sitting with your child when they make that first shot.

Happy hunting to all.
W

Attached Files

468 x 60 Hunting / Optics Banner

#2 Deb

Deb
  • Our Gang
  • 2,732 posts

Posted 14 October 2009 - 12:54 PM

Alright, way to go!! :thumbsup: Those are great pics thanks for sharing them with us!!

#3 bushmstr02

bushmstr02
  • Our Gang
  • 2,335 posts
  • Interests:Bow Hunting & anything outdoors , classic trucks & restoration / body work , XBOX 360 !

Posted 14 October 2009 - 04:51 PM

That's awsome , tell him good shot and congrats on his first deer !

#4 Maq Attaq

Maq Attaq
  • Members
  • 468 posts

Posted 15 October 2009 - 06:26 AM

Now that's what it is all about...you said it..nothing better than hunting with your kids. Congrats to both of you...tell your son, great shot placement...the smiles say it all....enjoy the time you have with them...keep it up

#5 SmokePole

SmokePole
  • Admin
  • 3,259 posts
  • Interests:Hunting Deer, Hog, Turkey and anything else legal.<br />Freshwater Fishing and Golf

Posted 15 October 2009 - 06:43 AM

One of the greatest achievements for your children and extreme gratification for you.

Congratulations for a job well done for both of you.

#6 jrs1

jrs1
  • Members
  • 977 posts
  • Interests:hunt &amp; fish

Posted 15 October 2009 - 07:45 AM

congrats to your son/sons as it is more fun to be with your kids when they shoot than anything I have ever shot myself. Kudos to you for taking your kids hunting with you as well !!!!

#7 westel

westel
  • Members
  • 115 posts
  • Interests:hunting, fishing, and farming

Posted 22 November 2009 - 07:19 PM

You hit the nail on the head! I cant wait until my son is old enough to pull the trigger. I still take him with me every other hunt or so even though it limits which stand I can use (he's only 4). But just to see his excitement at watching deer and learning some of their behavior is priceless and I wouldn't have it any other way. Congrats to your boys and congrats to you sir.

#8 natureboy

natureboy
  • Members
  • 649 posts

Posted 22 November 2009 - 07:46 PM

Several years back I was hunting with a friends 11 year old - and he killed a 110 lb doe. He said to me - "It was worth it to be still and quiet for so long - really worth it!" The shot was perfect! is he already wanting to go again?