Fishing For Turkey!!!

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#1 Maq Attaq

Maq Attaq
  • Members
  • 468 posts

Posted 15 December 2008 - 02:01 PM

I know there is just a few weeks left in the deer season...for me, I wont be making any more trips up tp SC before the new year....I would however like to hunt some Eastern turkey in SC this spring. The land we hunt on , we do not have the turkey rights too.

As some of you know, I live in So Florida.....I would like to trade a Spring turkey hunt, private or management land for some offshore or inshore fishing in So. Florida.....The options are endless from dolphin, wahoo, kingfish, tuna, sailfish, bottom fish...Inshore (Everglades National Park)...snook, redfish, trout, tarpon and a whole other mixed bag and the beauty of the park....aslo we can chase bonefish and permit on the flats in biscayne bay or the keys....

here are some pics..... let me know if you are intrested.....

Attached Files

468 x 60 Hunting / Optics Banner

#2 Deb

Deb
  • Our Gang
  • 2,730 posts

Posted 15 December 2008 - 03:21 PM

I would suggest you go to public land. Plenty of turkeys in the Francis Marion and Sumter National Forest.

#3 MajorDog

MajorDog
  • Moderators
  • 894 posts

Posted 15 December 2008 - 04:28 PM

shock.gif

Awesome Swap opportunity..

Only one problem here.....

088.gif

I am a walking piece of turkey hunting KRYPTONITE.....you don;t want me anywhere near you if you want to bag a turkey.....

#4 SC_WILDMAN

SC_WILDMAN
  • Our Gang
  • 389 posts

Posted 16 December 2008 - 03:00 PM

Maq,
I do most of my hunting in the Frances Marion and normally have more turkeys located than i have a chance to hunt due to work schedule. Keep in touch as the season gets closer and if you get here on a weekend i should be able to put you on some birds. When i go back to work after the weekend and if you are still here you will have some spots to try to get you a sc bird. I have seen more turkeys this year in the FM than i have ever seen before in my lifetime, should be a great season.

#5 Maq Attaq

Maq Attaq
  • Members
  • 468 posts

Posted 16 December 2008 - 03:33 PM

QUOTE (SC_WILDMAN @ Dec 16 2008, 03:00 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Maq,
I do most of my hunting in the Frances Marion and normally have more turkeys located than i have a chance to hunt due to work schedule. Keep in touch as the season gets closer and if you get here on a weekend i should be able to put you on some birds. When i go back to work after the weekend and if you are still here you will have some spots to try to get you a sc bird. I have seen more turkeys this year in the FM than i have ever seen before in my lifetime, should be a great season.

That sounds like an excellent plan...Will definitly keep in touch...The FM is in zone 6, correct???

Thanks for the invite

#6 SC_WILDMAN

SC_WILDMAN
  • Our Gang
  • 389 posts

Posted 16 December 2008 - 05:58 PM

Yep, FM is in game zone 6. While nothing in life is gauranteed and turkey hunting less so than most things, i think i can put you in some good areas and if everything works out i might even be able to get in on a hunt or two with ya.

#7 BOOMSTICK

BOOMSTICK
  • Members
  • 158 posts

Posted 16 December 2008 - 06:56 PM

Hey Maq, I may be interested in a swap this turkey season. We have plenty of turkeys on our land here in Aiken Co. so we might be able to work something out. If we get together we will be hunting on private land. I've taken a few friends before and they will agree it shouldn't be a problem to kill a good one. Keep in touch with me as the season gets closer because we still have a little while to go before it gets here. The birds I hunt are not pressured by anyone but me and my brother-in-law so they are very willing to answer and come in to ya.

Edited by BOOMSTICK, 16 December 2008 - 07:07 PM.

#8 LeeAnzek

LeeAnzek
  • Members
  • 274 posts

Posted 16 December 2008 - 09:50 PM

Mag- I sent you a PM in regards to Boomsticks offer.

#9 Maq Attaq

Maq Attaq
  • Members
  • 468 posts

Posted 17 December 2008 - 07:22 AM

QUOTE (BOOMSTICK @ Dec 16 2008, 06:56 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hey Maq, I may be interested in a swap this turkey season. We have plenty of turkeys on our land here in Aiken Co. so we might be able to work something out. If we get together we will be hunting on private land. I've taken a few friends before and they will agree it shouldn't be a problem to kill a good one. Keep in touch with me as the season gets closer because we still have a little while to go before it gets here. The birds I hunt are not pressured by anyone but me and my brother-in-law so they are very willing to answer and come in to ya.

Thanks Boomstick.....We will definitly keep in touch as it gets closer.....

#10 BOOMSTICK

BOOMSTICK
  • Members
  • 158 posts

Posted 17 December 2008 - 04:08 PM

023.gif 023.gif

#11 Dino

Dino
  • Members
  • 36 posts

Posted 17 December 2008 - 05:31 PM

hey Mag..be sure to call that # I gave you...that guy has the hook up

#12 Maq Attaq

Maq Attaq
  • Members
  • 468 posts

Posted 18 December 2008 - 09:33 AM

I will...havent had a chance yet...let him know I will touch base with him after the new year

#13 Maq Attaq

Maq Attaq
  • Members
  • 468 posts

Posted 15 January 2009 - 07:55 AM

Boomstick....YOU GOT MAIL!!!!!!

#14 Dadf

Dadf
  • Members
  • 866 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, Fishing anything having to do with trees

Posted 15 January 2009 - 09:22 AM

Hey I got turkeys up here in Indiana too rolleyes.gif for a swap deal like that I would bend over backwards to get you on one lol.gif

#15 Maq Attaq

Maq Attaq
  • Members
  • 468 posts

Posted 20 January 2009 - 03:32 PM

QUOTE (Dadf @ Jan 15 2009, 09:22 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hey I got turkeys up here in Indiana too rolleyes.gif for a swap deal like that I would bend over backwards to get you on one lol.gif

Sent you an IM